"What are you so afraid of?"
ok do you see this Legendary Epic woman right here? this is wendy fucking carlos and i’m going to describe to you why wendy carlos is 30 thousand times better than you
- she is a 74 year old trans fucking woman. she remembers having dysphoria at age five and started hrt in 1968. you think transitioning is difficult now? try doing it in 1968. the thought scares the shit out of me.
- her first album, switched on bach, is a literal hour of her playing bach’s music on synthesizers. that’s classical edm. edm wouldn’t exist if she hadn’t brought synthesizers to prominence. the catch? synthesizers in 1968 were monophonic. that means you can only play one note at a time. wendy carlos sat there and played each instrument’s piece of bachs music at least 6 times per symphony, painstakingly overdubbing and rerecording each line, one at a time.
- oh yeah, switched on bach was the first classical album to sell more than 500k copies and she won 3 grammies and stayed on the billboard #1 pop charts for 17 weeks.
- you know tron? that really awesome movie whose sequel daft punk made the ost for? wendy is the original daft punk. tron’s soundtrack was all her; not only that, but so was a clockwork orange and the shining.
- in 1998 this piece of shit momus (aka nick currie on wired) made a song mocking wendy’s sexual orientation. $50k of currie’ money later, she forced him to remove that song from his entire collection, have the master destroyed, and his music career fucking died after that.
figured i’d post this since daft punk keep getting a lot of love. i love daft punk, but they owe their lives to this fucking badass.
A son went into a rarely-used bedroom in his mother’s home and discovered thousands of wasps had made a giant nest in a bed. An estimated 5,000 wasps had created a nest by chewing through bedding, including a blanket and pillow. Pest-control expert John Birkett was called to tackle with the mound of wasps inside the mattress at the five-bedroom home in Winchester, Hampshire.
did you say… Winchester…
"When the birds of yore return to Erebor, the reign of the beast will end."
my hobbies include looking at text posts and wondering how i didn’t think of them first
YOU KNOW THAT FEELING WHEN YOU’RE LISTENING TO A MOVIE’S SOUNDTRACK AND YOU JUST KNOW WHICH SCENE GOES WITH EACH TRACK AND YOU SAY THE DIALOGUES OUT LOUD AND YOU JUST FEEL LIKE FLYING BECAUSE THE VIOLINS AND TRUMPETS AND CLARINETS AND ALL THE INSTRUMENTS AND YOU GET THIS RUSH OF HAPPINESS BECAUSE FUCKING SOUNDTRACKS MAN
HTTYD 2 + I can’t believe this movie is animated
That one time doctor who got the filming SO DAMN RIGHT
This is one of the best episodes of television ever written. I’ve had so many people agree with me that it doesn’t matter if you think Doctor Who is complete shit - everyone needs to watch this episode. It speaks volumes about what it really means to live with actual depression and anxiety and the incredible weight that is to bear and the love we need to have for each other and the importance of every single moment. Every child needs to watch this episode. It is so important.
hugging when two people have boobs is basically playing boob tetris.
i love losing followers. go you weaklings. you will never survive the winter